(Click to download Rental Policy and Procedures)
RENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Bethany College desires to remain true to our Canadian Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith and our Mission Statement (http://bethany.sk.ca/?page_id=175). We require all groups who use our site either to support or, at a minimum, not contravene them.
The mission of Bethany College is to provide a space which encourages pathways between education, community service and business for the purpose of creating opportunity for
Life on Life learning to develop whole and holy people through shared
Experiences that will encourage mutual personal and spiritual
Growth by applying each individuals God-given
Abilities and thereby reflecting the
Character of CHRIST to be an example to the
Young Adults of the discipleship program.
Bethany’s facility exists primarily for the purposes of post-secondary Christian education. However, we seek to facilitate community interaction in a meaningful and wholesome manner through offering rental opportunities. We ask that clients who choose to use our facilities respect our general mission and purpose. We expect that they will abide by the onsite rules and regulations which address operational and safety concerns.
Right to Deny
Rentals are subject to Management approval. Bethany reserves the right to deny the use of the facilities to any rental applicant whose actions are deemed contrary to the mission and purpose for which Bethany was created.
- Rental includes only the use of the site, buildings, and recreational equipment that have been approved
- Renters are responsible to read and understand the Venues and Rate schedule and the Policies and Procedures.
- Bethany reserves the right to host multiple groups simultaneously.
- The renter may request exclusive use of the designated public areas (see map) of the facility based on availability.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and must be present throughout the entire event. The renter is responsible to ensure that all group participants have left the premises by the specified time.
- The renter will be responsible to make arrangements with Bethany regarding the opening and closing of the facility two weeks prior to the rental. The renter is responsible to ensure that opening/closing times have been arranged for catering, decorators, and other deliveries. Bethany can be reached at 1.866.772.2175 or 306.947.2175.
Reservation Deposit Policy
- On approval of the rental application, a rental contract and agreement must be signed and returned with the non-refundable reservation deposit to hold the date. The deposit fee is 50% of the estimated balance.
- Deposit payments can be made by cheque to Bethany College (mail to Box 160 Hepburn SK S0K 1Z0) or by credit card (call 306.947.2175 or 1.866.772.2175).
- The deposit will be applied to your final balance. The balance of the rental fees is due at the completion of your specified time, unless other arrangements have been made.
Damage Deposit Policy
- A $500 damage deposit is due with the submission of the Rental Contract. The renter is financially responsible for all damages to the facility during the function. In the event of damage to the facility or equipment, appropriate charges will be applied and the damage deposit will be forfeited.
- The renter is also responsible for all additional charges exceeding the amount of the damage deposit.
- The damage deposit should be paid with a postdated cheque for the date of the function. The cheque will only be deposited if damages to the facility occurred during the rental. The cheque will be shredded or returned to the renter within 7 days after the function. Otherwise, partial funds will be reimbursed after repair is completed.
The Renter assumes full responsibility for any illness or injury resulting from the event (including food poisoning) and for loss of property of any guest or other person at the event. The Renter also assumes full responsibility for damage to or theft of equipment, and/or other property of Bethany College caused by anyone entering the premises as a result of said event and will compensate Bethany College for such damage or theft.
The facility user hereby agrees to hold Bethany College harmless from any and all liability, loss, damages, costs or expenses which are sustained, incurred or required arising from the actions of the facility user in the course of their use of college facilities.
Along with the rental contract and reservation fee, the renter of the facilities must include a copy of your Certificate of Insurance showing coverage of not less than $2,000,000. Your policy should indicate that a third party (Bethany College) is named as an additional party covered under your insurance policy. If you require insurance for the duration of your rental at Bethany, you can call Access at 1.800.640.0933 or email email@example.com. For more information on obtaining insurance, go to www.robertsonhall.com/access. (Other insurance companies can also provide this service.)
- If the booking is cancelled more than 2 months prior to the arrival date, the deposit can be transferred to another date, up to one year later. All reservation deposits are non-refundable.
Venue Lay Out
- Please contact Bethany to indicate the layout of your rental space such as tables, chairs, catering line, stage, etc.
- The layout should be finalized with Bethany at least 30 days prior to your function. If there are changes to be made after the 30 days, please contact Bethany ASAP.
Directions to the Bethany College campus (http://bethany.sk.ca/?page_id=185 )
- Caterers requesting the use of the appliances must be pre-approved by Bethany (contact Bethany for a list of caterers).
- Use of prep tables, sinks, walk-in cooler and freezer are available for all caterers.
General Conditions of Use
It is the responsibility of the contact person to inform all participants of the general guidelines and policies of the facility.
- The use or possession of alcoholic beverages and illicit drugs are prohibited on all campus premises.
- Bethany College is a non-smoking facility.
- Non-marking shoes must be worn on gymnasium athletic courts.
- Children must be supervised by an adult.
- No pets allowed inside buildings. Please clean up after your pet on campus grounds.
- Fireworks are not allowed.
- Use of open flame not allowed unless prior arrangements have been made with Bethany staff.
- No confetti or glitter to be used in the facilities.
- Bethany cannot assume responsibility for personal property and vehicles on the premises.
- Any damage to buildings, equipment or property should be reported to Bethany staff.
- No candles in the dorms.
- No tape, glue or nails on walls (please bring “Fun-tak” brand mounting putty or “3M” brand tabs for any signage or decorations).
- The rental group must clean up after themselves, leaving the facilities used in the same condition originally found in.
- The renter is responsible for the following cleanup after the function.
- Removal of food, recyclables, decorations, garbage, and personal articles from the premises.
- The kitchen must be wiped down, dishes washed and put away, garbage taken out (Loraas bin behind kitchen), coffee urns emptied and cleaned, stove/grill cleaned
- All spills must be mopped up during your event
- All tables must be wiped down at the end of the function
- Clean out all food from coolers and off counters. Anything remaining will be disposed of and cleaning charges may be applied to renter.