Please use the Thrive Prayer Calendar and join the prayer team!
May 1, 2017
• Keith Hillier (Program Lead) and Darryl Balzer (President) have been hired and are now working full time on rolling out the Thrive Program for this fall.
• We are beginning to receive applications for Thrive which is a one year discipleship program.
• We have a new website that explains all the details of Thrive
APPLY TODAY for FALL 2017!
THRIVE information and application is available at https://thrivesk.com/
• We still have two $500 bursaries left to hand out to the next 2 applicants to Thrive. Applications can be completed online.
• The campus is buzzing with activity this summer as Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) is occupying one whole dorm for it’s volunteers. They are building houses in Hague to deliver relief to Fort McMurray, Alberta.
• MDS is also running its Summer Youth Project on Bethany’s campus. For the entire month of July, all MDS youth volunteers will be working hard on improving the campus buildings and yard with the primary goal of re-shingling the dorm for the Thrive Students.
• Bethany Campus is hosting many other events such as church retreats, athletic competitions, concerts and banquets to generate rental revenue for the program. Connecting with the community in this way is a continual focus going forward.
What we need
• Prayer for the Board, Facilities Team and Staff as they ramp up to launch Thrive
• Prayer for more students to feel called to attend this Discipleship Program
• People to rise up and serve on the Board – we are looking for people who bring a wide variety of skills to the Board but most of all those with a passion for seeing God at work in young people
• Financial Support for the ongoing operations of the Thrive Program and Bethany Campus
• Capital Funds to purchase shingles and supplies to be used by MDS to repair buildings and make other improvements around the campus
• Donations can be made through Canada Helps.org, by cheque to Bethany College or by calling us with your preferred method of payment
We want to say thank you for being engaged in God’s work here at Bethany. We simply could not continue without the support of our alumni and friends. Please keep praying for us and take any opportunity to let people know about all that God is doing at Bethany in 2017.
If you’d like to help in any way or you’d like to find out more information, please email email@example.com or call 1-306-947-2175.
Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Darryl Balzer, CA, CPA
Thrive Discipleship Program (Bethany Campus)
March 14, 2017
- Pray for Keith Hillier (Program Lead) and Darryl Balzer (Facilities Manager) as they transition into the new Bethany roles
- Pray for young adults as they make decisions about their future and consider discipleship training with the new Thrive program.
- Pray for the final details of the Thrive program to be ready for the website
- Pray for the Board as they re-organize, partner with churches, share about the Thrive program, recruit more members, support new staff!
July 12, 2016
- Pray for our transition team…click 2016-07-12 Update and Survey to see the list of names and the latest update.
July 7, 2016
- Praise the Lord for 32 local volunteers who came to the work bee and accomplished a mass variety of jobs…painting, moving old desks, sorting costumes, moving costumes to new location, moving tech equipment, purging furniture!
July 4, 2016
- Pray for the WORK BEE on July 6th!
- Pray for the FIRST MEETING of the transition team on Thursday, July 7th! Nine volunteers have committed to joining the team and a few gaps still need to be filled! Details will come out soon!
June 1, 2016 – Exciting News! Click to download the 2016-06-01 New Vision Announcement